January 10, 2010

Hello 2010 (Twenty-OH-ten)!

I know it is now the second week of the new year but I don't do resolutions anyways. What I like to do is look back, remember and celebrate while looking forward and anticipating what God is going to do and how God is going to use me in the upcoming year. Ever since the holidays have passed I've been priviliged with the ability to reflect, pray and meditate on what God has done and is going to do - it's an amazing thing.

2009 like every year of my college career has been one of learning and trials. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I'm so glad that my college career has not been easy. But of all the things that I will forever remember 2009 for is that it is in the Spring of 2009 that God showed up and began (key word) to add details to a calling of the Kingdom I'd been feeling for 5 years. It was this year where he added legs and pictures to the calling and vision He gave me 5 years ago. For that I'm extremely grateful and in typical God fashion, He used all kinds of trials and ways to get me to see it. I love it. In fact, I'm gonna be less cryptic now but to know more about what the vision and calling is, check out my other blog "Therefore the Cross". But in short, its to plant a church or at the very least to be extremely open to idea of planting a unique expression of the local church in order to advance the Kingdom and reach those who desperately need Jesus. It's gonna be a fun journey.

Meanwhile, 2010 has arrived. For a while I didn't know what to think about this new year - but the past week of meditating and praying has made me realize several things. 1) There is nothing set in stone for my life this year after May. 2) It's going to bring a new unique set of trials and learnings. 3) It's going to be full of learning about living with a thorn in the flesh. 4)It's gonna be an adventure. 5) It's going to be one of the most exciting years of my life.

Noteworthy things that 2010 will bring: starting my last semesters of college; graduation (unless my Senioritis defeats me); seeing and assisting with the launch and campus plant that is RockHarbor Fullerton; attempting to find a job that pays the bills and health insurance; starting Fuller Theological Seminary (I hope); moving to Fullerton (if I can find a job).

It's going to be an exciting year and those are just things I can honestly, faithfully, prayerfully count on being a part of. I know there are many surprises that I don't even know about yet.

Twenty-OH-Ten is going to be a great year. And I'm really looking forward to the unexpected...

No comments:

Post a Comment